A journey of photographic adventure, Two Views was born by two friends having a blast and learning from each other on a photo shoot in the autumn sunshine, asking the question “How can we continue to push our photographic boundaries in terms of technical knowledge, new challenges and creativity and have fun at the same time?” The answer we came up with was to set ourselves a project every two weeks, and then publish the results together. Two Views of the same subject / idea or technical approach. By the end of this year we will have covered 26 subjects and produced at least 50+ awesome photographs, and have learned a huge amount along the way! We’d love your comments, critiques and ideas, and if you want to “play along” too, please do let us have your shots by links in the comments sections! TJ & The Brunette

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Panoramic by TJ


I had great fun with taking panoramic photos. I was fortunate enough to spend a weekend in Cumbria so I was presented with plenty of stunning landscape scenery to try panoramic photography. I knew what I wanted to photograph before I got there. The Ribblehead Viaduct which is actually just across the border in North Yorkshire on the Settle to Carlisle railway, and somewhere I had last visited in the 1980s with my dad. It was a bitterely cold afternoon when I got there with icy strong winds, rain in the air and the light was fading fast. I used my tripod although it was not easy finding a flat surface and in addition the wind was causing the camera to move at times. The panoramic view contains 3 photos I took using the panoramic setting on my Lumix FZ45, which I then put into Adobe Photoshp Elements 9 to stich them together into one complete image. I was really pleased with the final results as there was no other way to photograph such a wide structure close up, which therefore made it a perfect subject for this topic.

My two other photos were taken the following day in the Lake District. The top photo is 5 photos stitched together of the stunning Derwentwater. The main problem I had with this photo was I took it by hand and didn't quite get the level right to start with, which meant I had to rotate the photo and crop it losing some of the lake, but it was a good lesson learned. The bottom photo was 3 photos stitched together taken from the Whinlatter Pass looking down towards Braithwaite Lake, and this one worked to plan and I was really pleased with it.


1 comment:

  1. Stunning shots! They really do show the full grandeur of the Lakes and the viaduct, loving the depth created by the moody black and white of the main shot, and the cloud detail in the second one.

    ReplyDelete