A journey of photographic adventure, Two Views was born by two friends having a blast and learning from each other on a photo shoot in the autumn sunshine, asking the question “How can we continue to push our photographic boundaries in terms of technical knowledge, new challenges and creativity and have fun at the same time?” The answer we came up with was to set ourselves a project every two weeks, and then publish the results together. Two Views of the same subject / idea or technical approach. By the end of this year we will have covered 26 subjects and produced at least 50+ awesome photographs, and have learned a huge amount along the way! We’d love your comments, critiques and ideas, and if you want to “play along” too, please do let us have your shots by links in the comments sections! TJ & The Brunette

Sunday 28 October 2012

Honeymoon by The Brunette


I am guessing that I know which one of us will be posting a wedding shot and which a honeymoon shot *wink* I of course was the subject for a day of photos on my wedding day! Let me tell you I much prefer being the other side of the camera!! For our honeymoon we went to Zakopane in the Tatra Mountains and then Krakow, both in Poland of course (because my husband is half Polish!) And although I fell in love with both places, and have some fantastic mountain landscapes, for me Krakow was just so romantic, I just knew the shot for this post would come from there. We were lucky enough to have a hotel room overlooking the main square and it had a balcony, so every time of the day or night I looked out, because of the changing light and weather  I got some amazingly different views of the same place. The shot I choose is actually from my first group of shots I took as soon as we arrived which was at dusk, the light is amazing, the soft pink glow from the setting sun lighting up the buildings with a rosy glow. I thought it was just so appropriate for a honeymoon vista! The filmstrip shows two others I loved, the left hand side a candlelight procession to St Mary's church at about 10pm, there was beautiful singing by a choir for about an hour - very evocative. The second one early morning with the square full of mist, again very moody and romantic. It's a fantastic place to visit! I can't wait to go again -  for much longer than two days as well!!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic photo of the square, and one that would make a wonderful postcard I reckon. The setting sun with the gorgeous colours reflecting on the buildings is beautifully shot and I would be very tempted to visit there even if a honeymoon for me is not very likely at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete