A journey of photographic adventure, Two Views was born by two friends having a blast and learning from each other on a photo shoot in the autumn sunshine, asking the question “How can we continue to push our photographic boundaries in terms of technical knowledge, new challenges and creativity and have fun at the same time?” The answer we came up with was to set ourselves a project every two weeks, and then publish the results together. Two Views of the same subject / idea or technical approach. By the end of this year we will have covered 26 subjects and produced at least 50+ awesome photographs, and have learned a huge amount along the way! We’d love your comments, critiques and ideas, and if you want to “play along” too, please do let us have your shots by links in the comments sections! TJ & The Brunette

Monday 30 April 2012

Sky by TJ


This topic was an interesting challenge as I spent a good few days waiting for the right conditions in the right place and at the right time to provide an interesting photo opportunity. Fortunately we have been blessed with traditional April showers this year giving some quite dramatic skies. I was driving along the A4 heading home towards Reading when I saw this wonderful sunlight burst through the rain clouds. The first challenge was to find somewhere suitable to stop to get a clear view of the scene to get the photo, and I ended up pulling over on the roadside. I decided to include a shot with the street light in the foreground as I think it and the trees in their silhouette form provide a great contrast to the burst of light coming through the clouds creating a dramatic effect. For me it proves that it is possible to get a great shot of the sky from absolutely anywhere.

I tried a number of other shots. Top left was a photo taken outside my front door in wonderful sunshine, but the rain clouds were coming as can be seen in the distance. Top right was a really lovely cloud scene I got between Reading and Maidenhead, and these clouds reminded me of the steam from an old steam engine. Bottom left was a photo taken at work on a very squally showery day. The clouds were fast moving bring in showers frequently and the sky was forever changing. Finally bottom right and my obligatory black and white photo, which was taken leaning out of my bedroom window.

1 comment:

  1. Stunning! And kind of menacing too!! I love the silhoyette of the trees at the horizon, they lok so delicate, like filigree!

    ReplyDelete