A journey of photographic adventure, Two Views was born by two friends having a blast and learning from each other on a photo shoot in the autumn sunshine, asking the question “How can we continue to push our photographic boundaries in terms of technical knowledge, new challenges and creativity and have fun at the same time?” The answer we came up with was to set ourselves a project every two weeks, and then publish the results together. Two Views of the same subject / idea or technical approach. By the end of this year we will have covered 26 subjects and produced at least 50+ awesome photographs, and have learned a huge amount along the way! We’d love your comments, critiques and ideas, and if you want to “play along” too, please do let us have your shots by links in the comments sections! TJ & The Brunette

Thursday 15 March 2012

Architecture by The Blonde


I thought I would find this one EASY! I mean architecture is absolutely everywhere, but I actually found it hard to feel inspired by anything. Last night the light as I drove home was wonderful and I thought "I really must get in and grab a camera and get back out again" I was just about to jump in my car and drive somewhere when I looked up at my very own house in the glow of the sun beginning to set and thought "aww I do love my home!" And then thought that's it! If I am trying to portray some emotion in a building this is one I feel strongest about. So I shot it from different angles and then played in post production to try to create and enhance an emotional feel from it. I am fairly pleased with the result as I have used a few soft focus filters and enhancers to focus the eye on the house and make it look a softly glowing sanctuary against the rigours of the world, which are portrayed by the tree branches, which somehow although I love trees, look a bit menacing looming towards the house. Well that's my story anyway! And just looking at it makes me smile, as "home" with all the connotations is my favourite place to be always :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you have used a soft focus to draw the viewer towards the house, and getting across a sense of emotion in the picture has been achieved successfully. A really interesting and original take on the topic, great shot :)

    ReplyDelete