A journey of photographic adventure, Two Views was born by two friends having a blast and learning from each other on a photo shoot in the autumn sunshine, asking the question “How can we continue to push our photographic boundaries in terms of technical knowledge, new challenges and creativity and have fun at the same time?” The answer we came up with was to set ourselves a project every two weeks, and then publish the results together. Two Views of the same subject / idea or technical approach. By the end of this year we will have covered 26 subjects and produced at least 50+ awesome photographs, and have learned a huge amount along the way! We’d love your comments, critiques and ideas, and if you want to “play along” too, please do let us have your shots by links in the comments sections! TJ & The Brunette

Friday 16 March 2012

Architecture by TJ


I wanted to try and capture either a classic old style architectural building or something more modern. In the end the recently constructed "Blade" building in Reading won out. The reason for this was I was able to go into Reading on a late lovely sunny afternoon so I had great lighting conditions. I also felt brave enough to have a stab at taking pictures using the manual mode on my camera for the first time in one of these topics. I used a low ISO setting and high aperture setting to capture as much detail as I could. I then played around with the shutter speed ending up with a 1/80 setting to ensure there was enough light. I was pleased with the end photo as I did capture a snippet of old architecture, got a nice reflection in the main building and felt there was a combination of that glossy photograph with enough in it to keep the viewer's attention.

My other photos were different shots of "The Blade", both of which came close to being used as my main photo as they show the building from completely different viewpoints, and I even managed to capture an aircraft in one too! The other photos were of Chenies Manor in Buckinghamshire, and the skyline is dominated by these wonderful chimneys.


1 comment:

  1. Great work! I love the juxtaposition of old and new! And also really love the "blue blade" one as well! It could go on the cover of their brochure i think!

    ReplyDelete