A journey of photographic adventure, Two Views was born by two friends having a blast and learning from each other on a photo shoot in the autumn sunshine, asking the question “How can we continue to push our photographic boundaries in terms of technical knowledge, new challenges and creativity and have fun at the same time?” The answer we came up with was to set ourselves a project every two weeks, and then publish the results together. Two Views of the same subject / idea or technical approach. By the end of this year we will have covered 26 subjects and produced at least 50+ awesome photographs, and have learned a huge amount along the way! We’d love your comments, critiques and ideas, and if you want to “play along” too, please do let us have your shots by links in the comments sections! TJ & The Brunette

Sunday 26 February 2012

Ice by TJ


I knew with The Blonde being in Iceland I would really have to come up with something to compete with her on this topic. I got the mini studio and lights out and took the shot of ice using the macro mode. I tried a few different shots and felt that when I changed the photo to black and white during editing and used a fair bit of contrast that the photo really came into its own. I cropped the photo and feel the ice cubes have an almost crystal like quality to them.

In fact I had quite a difficult choice to make, as the other photo I had in contention was the shot of a frozen puddle below. It was taken early in the morning and the sun caught the ice in a sparkly fashion which I really liked. The other photo is a severe cropping of the main photo.


1 comment:

  1. Good work! You are right the B&W and contrast makes them look almost sculptural and what I like with the macro mode is that it fools the eye so you are not sure at first glance what it is you are looking at, good job! :)

    ReplyDelete