A journey of photographic adventure, Two Views was born by two friends having a blast and learning from each other on a photo shoot in the autumn sunshine, asking the question “How can we continue to push our photographic boundaries in terms of technical knowledge, new challenges and creativity and have fun at the same time?” The answer we came up with was to set ourselves a project every two weeks, and then publish the results together. Two Views of the same subject / idea or technical approach. By the end of this year we will have covered 26 subjects and produced at least 50+ awesome photographs, and have learned a huge amount along the way! We’d love your comments, critiques and ideas, and if you want to “play along” too, please do let us have your shots by links in the comments sections! TJ & The Brunette

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Water by TJ


The huge scope of doing water made it quite difficult to choose which photo to go with. I love being close to water whether it be streams, rivers or the sea, and I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to photograph the Welsh coast whilst doing this subject. I eventually decided to go with the picture of the sea at Prestatyn in North Wales on a winter's morning in January. I had tried taking some photos with my tripod, but then I got this photo by pretty much getting down to ground level on the beach and getting the close up up shot of the tide just on  the turn with the almost bubble bath effect and also getting the wind farm in the distance. I decided to go with black and white as I felt in gave a darker more powerful feel the sea. I changed the brightness and contrast too to add to this effect.

Amongst the other pictures under consideration was a lovely stream I got in Devon, a scene of the river Thames at Maidenhead, a more abstract reflection shot of my van in a puddle at work, and another shot of Prestatyn with the waves lapping over the rocks.



2 comments:

  1. It's great! Really atmospheric, i love the B&W and think the one of the rocks in the sea would also be great in B&W with heavy contrast too! Good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spookily I did edit the rock photo into black and white too with heavy contrast, but have kept it up my sleeve for another time :)

    ReplyDelete