A journey of photographic adventure, Two Views was born by two friends having a blast and learning from each other on a photo shoot in the autumn sunshine, asking the question “How can we continue to push our photographic boundaries in terms of technical knowledge, new challenges and creativity and have fun at the same time?” The answer we came up with was to set ourselves a project every two weeks, and then publish the results together. Two Views of the same subject / idea or technical approach. By the end of this year we will have covered 26 subjects and produced at least 50+ awesome photographs, and have learned a huge amount along the way! We’d love your comments, critiques and ideas, and if you want to “play along” too, please do let us have your shots by links in the comments sections! TJ & The Brunette

Friday 11 November 2011

Trees by The Blonde



This really should have been WAY easier than it was as a project! Trees are one of my favourite subjects at the best of times! But both the beauty and the frustration of only having ONE photo to choose to upload and a little bit of competition with TJ also out shooting every day to create the best tree photo, means I found it hard work! The light at this time of the year is very variable, anything from gorgeous blue skies and low in the sky sunshine which makes for some amazingly dramatically lit shots, to what there seems to have been A LOT more of, completely overcast grey clouds with drizzly rain, which makes everything look flat and washed out.

But what I am loving so much about Two Views is the way that it’s making me so much more thoughtful both about the subject matter, the lighting, the location, planning how I am going to shoot and when. Which is EXACTLY what I needed to push me further and onwards on my creative journey.

Finally I couldn’t finish this post without letting you know my favourite quotes from this project (which may become a regular feature, who knows!?) I loved TJ’s summing up of the creative difficulties of this project:  “It's all about the right tree :)” and my ridiculous explanation to a client of what I was doing at the weekend: “I am out tree hunting” !!

I still couldn't find a shot I loved as much as some of my "all time favourite" tree shots which are below for your viewing pleasure!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the air plane in there! Cracking photo!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.lightstalking.com/fall-trees... yes some pretty fine photos, but our photos more than hold their own!:)

    ReplyDelete